Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another 'exploding' box card.




I was asked a couple of weeks ago for another exploding box card. I'd already done one for this friend's daughter for her 40th so I needed to do something different.
The card was for a lady's 60th birthday and I'd had some old photos e-mailed to me to use. They were mainly a sort of grey/ browny colour so I decided to make the colour scheme pale blue and brown.
Base card is a pale blue pearl card and I used different embossing folders for each layer. Flowers on second layer are from Joanna Sheen (had these for ages but hardly used them) and the pale blue roses I made using the Sizzix die with pale blue paper. The 60 is cut out twice (once in reverse) and acetate stuck between the layers to make it 'wobbly'! All the other bits are from my stash.

Off to do some gardening in the sunshine now!

1 comment:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Amazing card love it ! Must have taken forever.

Marie