Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Less is More Week 15 - embossing and OLC

Well first and foremost I must thank Chrissie and Mandi for choosing one of my 'White on white' cards to showcase. Wow!!!! I couldn't believe it, when I finally managed to get on to my PC this week (life just gets in the way sometimes doesn't it?) and there was my nestie flowery card - showcased!So, thank you, thank you thank you!!You have no idea what a boost that was.
Now at last here is this week's entry. Very CAS I'm afraid and definitely less is more.
A pale blue dotty embossed card (My sister and I found this card - in several colours - when she was over here visiting a few weeks ago and we went to the local garden centre who were selling the card off.And it would have been rude not to have taken it off their hands wouldn't it?) I stamped the top part of the dandelion clock (Hero Arts stamp) in royal blue and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I 'flicked' a blue pen to make the stem (the stem on the stamp was too long and went over the lines at the base) and then added some glitter glue to 'lift' it. A stamped sentiment (Dimension Fourth) also in royal blue and clear embossing powder between two embossed lines, finished it off.








Off to do some housework now then in to school for my voluntary work - Art with year 4 children - and this week it's canal art.

12 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

Oooh, ove the colours and that stamp is perfect for this style, Hugs xx

Kathyk said...

A great CAS card, simple and elegant.

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Congrats on your showCASing... a worthy choice!
This is beautiful Diane, I love your 'stem' and the embossing is impeccable!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Sheila in Cyprus said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the blue on blue. Have had a browse through your gallery, your cards are amazing. Fellow Limettes if you have not had a look at Di's gallery, do so, you won't be disappointed.
Love Sheila x

Sue said...

Lovely and fresh looking. Sue x

Suze Bain said...

What a super card. Love the dandelion stamp and the colour looks gorgeous. Congrats on being showcased, your work is fab. xx

Mandi said...

Another stunning card Di
You so deserved to be showcased last week..thank you!
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Lynn said...

A lovely card - the texture of the pale blue, and the colour of the stamp is delightful. Congratulations on being showcased. Lynn x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the colour!
Helen x

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful card, and many congratulations on being featured all last week's cards were a delight. XOXO Zoe

Susan said...

Another beautifu card! Congrats on being featured!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, simply and elegantly done. Congrats on your showcase. x