Sunday, October 16, 2011

Less is More - Cocktails

So this cocktail is called  'Monkey in a tree' !!! Honestly it really is!
Apparently it's
1 shot cremes de bananes (though I couldn't find out what this is)
1 shot Bailey's Irish Cream (I definitely know what this is!)
1 shot kahlua (a Mexican coffee liqueur)
and then the glass is topped up with cream!!!!!!!!
Now this is MY sort of cocktail!
Back to the card - a 5inch square cream base. Monkey is a sticker that was in a pack from a certain store that sells everything for £1!! I made the palm tree for him to sit in with scraps of brown pearl paper and scribbled the grass at the base. Sentiment is a rub on. Faux stitching framed it all off. Hope this is CAS enough for the  LIM ladies.
Off now to have my cocoa (no cocktails for me tonight!)

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well this is terrific!
I've never heard of a monkey up a tree, but it sounds fab... the card looks pretty fab too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

That cocktail sounds really yummy! and terrific and cheeky card x

Carla said...

great card and thanks for the recipe.

Kathyk said...

Think I just put on a pound reading the recipe!!! Fab card and loving the monkey

Kathyk

Karen M said...

Your cocktail cards are just great! Very clever idea and that monkey is really cute x x

Beryl K said...

Great card and your cocktail sounds rather tastey
Beryl x

Mandi said...

Superb thinking Di
FAB card
Now that's a bit creamy for me...see I can refuse alcohol lol

thank you
Mandi LIM

Carol said...

Great card Di and super idea. The monkey is so cute. Carol x

Margaret said...

Absolutely love this Di
Margaret x

Sally said...

A fab idea Di & a fun image.
sally x

Andrea said...

this is so much fun! lovely card

Jenny said...

I just had to come and see your card from the thumbnail...what a cool name for a cocktail and love the card :)
Jenny x